Sunday, May 31, 2009

ALL IN!

 


Well I have been away for a few days again, but I have been creating....each year for approximately 4 months there is a Yahoo Group called VC_Rocks and it is open for business....it is a really busy, fun-filled group...that swaps only Stampin' Up swaps....some of the ladies are SU demo's, but for the most part the group is made up of just customers.....there are swaps for many different themes....I have chosen to do 6 swaps this year, that is a total of 66 cards that must be made and mailed by the 27th of June....so lets just say I have been busy.....

The first card that I am wanting to show is you, is one which I made for a swap called Game Time....we had to use a real game piece on the card...so off to town I went today to try and find some really small playing cards and the poker chips that you see on the card....we must of went to 10 different places in town and could not find one single package of mini playing cards....lol...so I came home and cut and embellished all 48 little pieces of paper that I would need to make the cards that are on the card.....the stamp set is from Stampin Up and is called Game Night...the paper is also from SU and is called Jackpot....it is a mix of really nice game themed papers that can be used for many different game ideas....the card stock is also from SU

The card is really heavy as a result of adding the poker chip to it....could not find plastic chips so had to buy clay chips and darn are they ever heavy.....

 


The inside of the card was finished by adding a layer of white cardstock and the layering on black and a piece of coordinating paper from the Jackpot paper line.....this card was easy enough to do once I got the first one completed....but doing 12 of them took some time....lol...I am going to have to take easier layouts for the rest of the card swaps that I need to complete....lol

I am hoping that this blog entry works right....I have never tried to add two photo's before...so heres hoping....

Later Gaters!

Alanna
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

I love the game night card very cute!