Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Time Flies!

Okay it has been two days since I posted and I refuse to make it three....lol...we were busy on Sunday and Monday after work, putting the finishing touches on our kitchen makeover....have you ever had an idea in your head of what a certain room should look like....well I sure did...so we went ahead with my ideas and now I am not too sure if we were able to capture what I was wanting.....oh well....I think that now that the room is painted, new floors are down....trim is up and blinds are in place...there are two things still wrong....my kitchen table does not fit my theme and my cupboards really look shabby....I can probably talk Cowboy into a new table or at least a different one...as for the cupboards...not gonna happen in this life time......or at least that is what he told me last night...when I gently suggested it.....better yet his answer was I think you spent your new cupboard budget on rubber stamps....that are still sitting in the boxes that they were delivered in.....(oh crap he noticed....)

So now that I have completed my home renovations with the exception of the infamous stamp room.....our daughter and son-in-law have purchased their first home....and they have asked us to help them do some minor painting jobs and help them lay some new floors....how can you say no......so for the next week or so my afternoons and evenings will be spent in the company of my daughter and sil while we get their home ready for occupancy...this is a bitter sweet time for me...these kids have worked hard to save for this home.....while living on the homestead with us in the old house that is here....I have always had my granddaughter Julie here with me...she has always spent hours with Cowboy and I each day...and now that her little sister is able to walk...she too is here each day for a visit or two...I am going to miss this so much.....

Okay on to todays card:



As my daughter are growing older, getting married and having children, so are all of their friends....I made these two cards to have on hand for baby showers....well wouldn't you know it....both of my daughters friends that were expecting had baby girls this past month....so I used the cards...I am going to make a few more...maybe for boys....lol...this is for my friend Wendy whose daughter is expecting, they have two little girls and are so badly wanting a boy.....maybe I have started some thing....lol....well that is all for today people....have a good one....

Later Gators!

No comments: